Followers

Thursday, February 15, 2018

A Little Reminder.....



Hello everyone: We've come to the halfway point at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE with the theme of PAPER PIECING not to be confused with PAPER PIERCING. 
This technique is really fun and it helps you use all of those scraps of pattern paper we can't seem to get rid of because they are so beautiful so this is your chance to do just that and come and play along with my teammates and me in our gallery.
The card I made was truly heaps of fun, this images are from a retired Stampin' Up! set called "Flower Shop" and it's perfect for this technique, the flowers are stamped with Stazon black ink on the different pattern papers and then, punched with the coordinating punch, I added some sponging to the edges and the centers are die cut also with scraps of pattern papers.


The leaves are punched with the Bird Builder Punch on paper scraps also.
The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Orchids"
*************************************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from Paper Tray Ink and the small flower on the corner from SU "Petite Petals"

Now,  my teammates and I decided to add a group of cards from THE FLOWER CHALLENGE of 2017 that we created and that are some of our favorites, our dear friend and challenge coordinator Vivien Hodge was so sweet and helpful in making all of us this beautiful graphics with the cards so I hope you enjoy seeing them, hope you like them too. 


Don't forget to go check out my teammates blogs so you can see their cards too and leave them some comment love.
Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.








6 comments:

HJ said...

Maria, I love your paper piecing card with the beautiful flowers. The collage of your favorites is lovely. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day.

Leslie Miller said...

Now, I really like how you added the flower centers and sponged the edges of the petals to give them more color and definition. Very pretty! A wonderful sentiment inside, too. And, wow, it's so lovely to see the four in a group with you at the center! Very cool, and some truly beautiful cards!

America said...

Perfect, colorful Springtime make! Love that you also stamp the insides of your beautiful cards. Something I often forget or leave out to save time. Thanks for the inspiration.

Viv said...

So many lovely cards you made last year Maria, hard to choose just a few too. Loving your paper piecing one too,love the soft colours and such beautiful flowers too ;) hugs Viv xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a happy, Springlike card Maria...I'm so ready for Spring.
xx Karen

TaeEun said...

Fabulous use of various patterned papers! Love the happy colors you chose! The inking on the edges was a great touch, Maria!