Followers

Monday, January 15, 2018

A Little Reminder.....


Hello again everyone: We are at the half way point at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, where we are doing a fun technique called "Spotlight Stamping", this means that you stamp your flower image and just color certain spots on it.  Maybe you'll color a vertical strip or a circle or just go around the image and color small parts of it so, we hope you give this challenge a try and share your creations in our gallery.  Here is my card that I hope will inspire you to play along.


I stamped this image from an old Flourishes set called "Dahlias" on a die cut piece of watercolor paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat emboss it then, just color a few parts of it with SU markers and ink pads, the sentiment is from this set.
The pattern paper in the background is from Lili of the Valley (retired) and from an old pad from the craft store.  I must confess I had to stop myself from coloring the entire image, LOL!!

******************************************************************
Finishing the inside of my cards is fun and saves me a lot of time when mailing them.


The sentiment and cute little party horn are from a Power Poppy set called Marcella's Mixed Tape Volume 1, it has a lot of really fun images. The little party horn was colored with Prismacolor pencils and a paper stump dipped in Gamsol. I used to use baby oil but the Gamsol is so much better.

I hope you find some inspiration in my card, for even more inspiration please visit THE FLOWER CHALLENGE blog and checkout my teammates fabulous creations. While you are there, visit their blogs and leave them some comment love.
Please don't forget to read and follow our rules and also, please include our banner for this challenge on your blog post when you upload your cards to the gallery.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




8 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I took the word verification OFF so I hope it works.

HJ said...

Love this really cute card, Maria. Coloring only a few of the flowers would also be difficult for me. I'll have to try it. All the heat embossing makes a difference and probably shows up better in person than in the photo. Enjoy your day!

Brian King said...

What a celebration! Such bright and cheery colors! <3

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Love those dahlias and the wonky stitches and fun paper! I just love it all! I would have a real hard time not coloring the whole image, but it's a cool look. Your Prismacoloring inside is very good, too. You achieved some nice, rich color. I also like using Gamsol with my Prismas. Love the soft blending. Happy day, Maria!

Mary Fish said...

Check out those fresh and pretty colors!

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card Maria, great happy colours.
xx Karen

Bonnie said...

A beautiful image and bright, fun colors!

Viv said...

Great stamping and use of colour Maria. Such pretty flowers too and love how you just 'spotlighted' some of them and two of the vases ;) hugs Viv xx